The Mediator is Jacqui Joyce. Jacqui has over ten years' experience of obtaining settlements in all types of property and general commercial disputes, including multi-party disputes. Examples of the types of cases include:
- Breakdown of a professional partnership with ensuing property and contractual issues
- Sale and purchase of property
- Professional negligence
- Professional fees
- General contractual disputes
- Property possession actions
- Neighbour and boundary disputes
- Rights of way
- Break notices
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
Jacqui has been a property litigator for over 20 years, firstly at Lovells and then as a partner at Thomas Eggar.
- She has experience of all types of disputes and court procedures up to the House of Lords and has acted in several reported cases.
- Jacqui is a member of the Property Litigation Association Law Reform Committee having chaired it for 6 years. She is a Past Chair of the Executive Committee of the PLA.
- Jacqui was the main champion of the development of the Dilapidations Protocol adopted under the Civil Procedure Rules in January 2012
- She has advised the Law Commission on changes to the law of forfeiture and the Government panel reviewing the changes to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Jacqui regularly lectures and contributes to professional journals.
- She is the author of Business Tenancies: The New Law- A Practical Guide to the Changes to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Jacqui was described by the Estates Gazette as one of 'the property world's leading professional advisers' and writes a regular column for them on mediation issues.
- Finalist for Woman of Acheivement award from Women in the City 2012
- RICS assessor for mediator accreditation course
- Chair of RICS Working Party producing Guidance Note for Surveyors on Mediation
Jacqui Joyce is considered by many to be ‘the best mediator for property law disputes'. She is ‘consistently impressive - Legal 500 - October 2014